Thursday, November 4, 2010

Process

ess ess esss
Just some process work for my next printmaking ..print. it's a 14inch x 18 inch hardground etching.
I don't know how it's going to translate exactly since the darkness of line depends on the amount of time the plate is in the acid for. so I'm not sure if I should work on the darker parts first then move onto the lighter parts so the acid has more time to make the darks darker?

oyhoo I hate thinking. Just been so burnt out this week.
anyways these are just some thumbnails. I was attracted to the left most two on the middle row. but I'd already done a yak/llama type print already and the other one looked really similar to a preexisting piece of work. it seems like I've been running into this problem when I find myself using the same compositions/subject matter/layout as other people. I did a drypoint that looks like a sam weber painting. ffffffffffffffffffffffffff. It kills me to think that I'm doing something original only to have someone else point out that it's been done before. fasjlkfajsfjlff
.




ok
I liked the idea of mushrooms coming out of the girl's mouth and I wanted to do something more with that but the angle I wanted to have the face in would be blocked by the mushrooms coming out of her mouth. mostly I wanted her to be submerged in water or something with only her face showing and mushrooms growing out.
I was going to try and think of more ideas but then I passed out.


then in illustration class today, our new assignment was overcoming adversity and a friend mentioned the tree man. and later on in class I did two more thumbnails with the mushrooms actually growing on the skin. for some odd reason the file won't work .
but here's the drawing I'm working on now. I gotta fix that body and arm it's super wrooong.
hooray shitty camera picture
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
so wrong.
ok.

it's looking super similar to my friend's work which is really frustrating. but I'm running out of time and I don't want to go to class empty handed.

maybe it's time to accept my mediocrity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment